Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Pictures and a project idea for teachers!

Today was less busy than usual with only 2 teams. Tomorrow we will have our hands full with 4 teams, including Dallas Seavey (*2012 Iditarod champion)


Before the teams arrived this morning we spent time opening up large boxes from various elementary/middle schools around the nation. The Iditarod Trail Committee created a dog blanket donation and asked schools around the nation to help! We have boxes and boxes of blankets, every one as unique as the one before! These blankets will each go to a lucky sled dog! Check out how cute they are, and the little notes they send with! The mushers love getting new blankets for the dogs, and I'm sure the dogs appreciate it as well! This would be a great project for those schools that have the Iditarod as part of their curriculum! Something to keep in mind for next year!







Like I said earlier...not too much to blog about today. But one thing I can promise, I will never run out of doggy cuteness!

How awesome are these dog boxes?!?! I love the cut out of the howling wolf! The musher made these himself.
Box buddies!


 
These faces just make my heart melt all over.



Look at those ears!


Fuzzy boy!

Its easy to get lost in those eyes :)
I hope you enjoyed all the pictures of this posting! I have a long day tomorrow testing approximately 100 dogs! Race day will be here before we know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment